Quote Originally Posted by Jarvman View Post
Hi all, a guy at my woodwork class gave me this film to process that he found in somebody's odds and ends. Could anyone advise me what sort of film it is and whether it will still be processable? Also possible times/dilutions etc...

Many thanks, Gareth

It's a roll of 116 not 120 I think. You will need to develop it with either a spaced out spiral to get the gap right, or in a big deep tray like a washing up bowl in which you can manually agitate the film through the developer without catching and scratching it on the bottom of the tray. Big film clips like the Patterson clips on each end may help you to lay it down on one edge, between agitations, without it spiralling out of control and being damaged. Of course if you have access to deep tanks you simply manipulate it in your usual way. If it was me I'd carefully unwind the film a little bit and use a rubber band on a rule to measure in the dark how wide the film was edge to edge. Then wind it back, tape it and put it safely on one side in a lightproof container. Then work out some way of spacing a spool (maybe with rubber bands on the shaft) at the right width for the film's dimensions and then develop it semi-stand (after a pre-soak in water) with a compensating developer and a generous amount of time. What developers do you have available?

It would be good to see what you find on there...

RR