I normally wear older clothes in the darkroom. Safety equipment varies with what I am doing. I wear nitrile gloves for cleaning, for selenium toning, and for mixing solutions from raw chemicals. I have to wear glasses anyway, but if I am working with sodium hydroxide, sulphuric acid, or even strong acetic acid I prefer a visor or safety glasses. I use a black cotton apron. I prefer cotton over plastic since I can get that off quickly (snaps, not tied) and it will not dump liquids in my shoes if it all goes really pear-shaped on me.

I don't use gloves for general printing, but I do keep a supply of clean water and a clean hand towel available. I can feel chemical splashes and clean up that way - with gloves in the dark you don't always notice.

A dust mask is a good idea with some chemicals. It depends on the fineness of the power. A hot sweaty mask fogging up the glasses is probably more of a hazard than a safety measure!

I used to work in a geology lab, so I have a fair idea of what I am doing, and I have plans for spillages. I also have safety sheets for everything I use (and hope to never need).

I have no UV systems, so that is one less thing to worry about.