Seems like an interesting way to slightly mess up the sharpness and color balance of what you're printing. The only thing I can think of, is that
certain Durst enlargers could also be used as copystands, with a special sheet film holder (LARKA) going into the negative carrier position.
Then the system could be cross-polarized, with polarizing sheets over the lights themselves, and cross-polarization on the lens. But for
printing???? Makes no sense to me. I guess you could turn an enlarger into a giant polarizing macroscope if you had unlimited funds - that would be a fun pictorial project for rock slices thin enough to transmit light, but would probably be useless for true scientific purposes.