With the nights drawing in and Christmas decorations imminently expected to appear in supermarkets throughout the land I thought it might be an idea to <bump> this thread and see who we can interest in The Autumn 2005 APUG UK Gathering!

The first UK Gathering was a resounding (and cold, wet and windy!) success where hardy souls of great photographic skill and merit were joined in a spirit of artistic fulfillment. Others (like myself) turned up as well, made irreverent comments, banged off a few shots and drank beer!

I think I'm pretty safe in saying that, despite the inclement weather, a good time was had by all and it was great to be able to put faces to names.

The next gathering has been proposed for the 15th / 16th of October 2005 in the village of Avebury, Wiltshire (famous for its stone circle) with a possible trip to the Crown Monochrome Group's "Monochrome Spectacular" on the 16th in Trowbridge (about forty minutes away). This will hopefully be slightly more accessible than Keswick for our southern contingent!

If you're interested in attending, please say, "Aye!"

If you know of a decent rally point (preferably equipped with beer, food, B&B and an area we can gather to view prints), a decent campsite (for the canvas lovers amongst us) or good shooting locations in the locale, please say where!

All the best,

Frank