I took a chance on a Tree 2500g scale that was very reasonable. It calibrates easily and I've checked it regularly against known weights on a $2000 rig at work and it is in agreement (and that scale is checked against a frighteningly expensive vacuum chamber scale). They're sold by an eBay seller....

http://tinyurl.com/lhrn5of

It has more than enough capacity for what I do. I use an RCBS reloading scale and convert to grains when playing with things in extremely small quantities, feeling that it is likely more accurate for that duty.

FWIW: Our metrologist has told me that the lower priced scales tend to be most off of perfect at the extremes of their load cells. He recommended having 100g or more of weight before zeroing and then measuring your material when the cell is away from its normal zeroing point.

Another hint with digital scales: Use negative weighing habits... Place a container of the material on the scale, tare and measure the negative weight displayed as you remove from the supply. This saves multiple attempts at just the right addition to the receiving vessel and prevents over pouring from things that cannot be reversed.