Iím doing a little research on old family photos and was interested in which camera would most likely have been used by a professional portrait photographer working between 1900 and 1925. The final images were reproduced as postcards which dates them fairly well as Kodak introduced a pre-printed card back that allowed postcards to be made directly from negatives in around 1902. I have around a 100 portraits and have managed to glean quite a lot from researching things such as the shape of the space for the stamp and wether it is divided at the back etc.

Whilst the exact camera probably canít be identified, Iím just looking for any ideas on the sort of ones in use by professionals then. Also, any images (public domain) of what portrait studios looked like, and the cameras themselves, would be much appreciated as I might knock this up into a little article at some point and at the moment I donít know that much about this era of photography.

Thanks

Verian

p.s apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forum, it is about portraits I'll perhaps post some when I've had time to scan.