Achieving precise focus with tiny capture surfaces and typical camera movements is pretty tricky, and often needs very precise gearing or a
helicoid lens mount. It's even harder with a roll film back than with full-sized sheet film. Part of the issue is mechanical, the other part just
visual. And having lenses very close to the film plane can be pretty tricky too. So just any clunker of a cheap view camera probably won't be very satisfactory. You need something rather well machined which will accept a bag bellows - unless you are working with very long focal length lenses. The best telephotographer I know actually uses a heavy 8x10 metal Toyo G view camera with a 35mm digital or film cameras, and Apo Nikor process lenses up to 600mm (not 35mm lenses), on a big wooden tripod. The system is heavy but very rigid, and has to be. Not every roll film back is well made either. I personally use Horseman 6x9 backs when I do this kind of thing, and the presence of movements
allows me to obtain better focus than any dedicated medium format lens system. But except when I need the portability of roll film, I'd much
rather be using full-sized 4x5 sheet film.