What Bob said. GFCI = Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter.

It looks the same as a regular outlet except that it has a test button in the middle. If something goes wrong with the grounding, such as a short caused by moisture, current will immediately cease. If you don't already have them in your house, as long as you have a ground wire present you can replace your existing outlets with them -- easy to do.