Hello,

I started photography digitally but in the last few years I tried my hand in film which I enjoyed tremendously. I have been using a Leica M3 with a 50mm lens which was fun but now I am bitten with the medium format bug.

There are two cameras that I have been eyeing.

I like the Fuji because of the following reasons
1. Rangefinder style which I am comfortable with.
2. Compact and can be hand held with low shutter speeds.
3. Aperture priority exposure
4. Take both 6 by 6 and 6 by 7 format
5. Cheaper.

I like the rolleiflex because
1. I believe it is made to last a lifetime and I like that a lot.
2. 2.8 aperture
3. Close distance focussing to about 55cm
4. Beautiful classic.

If I were to choose with my heart it would be a Rolleiflex but I have never seen one TLR camera in my life let alone handle one. There is none available here in my country. My main concern is the focussing. Is it easier to handle a Rollei or the Fuji. Can I focus faster and more precise with Rollei or Fuji. Handling is a big issue for me. I want something easy to use.

At this point in time, from my own Internet research, I feel as though rangefinder is easier, faster and more accurate. I take mostly family vacation photos. I am going towards Fuji but the Rollei is something i have a heart for. I don't know how to say it, it is just like my Leica M3 which is pure mechanical wonder. But at the same time I don't want to spend so much cash on a Rollei and end up not using it.

If any of you have experience with these two types of camera I would really appreciate your input and also to all who don't have, I would like to hear your thoughts as well.

Thanks for reading my post. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Mark