Quote Originally Posted by bernard_L View Post
Too many parameters. And to some large degree subjective. With the same requirements, each individual will make different choices, based on cost, weight, optical quality (real or carried by the internet rumor), need for flexibility, real or perceived need for film area to reach "adequate" quality, etc, etc. You can get useful information by reading in threads not which camera is "best" for a given purpose, but why this or that user prefers this or that system, and filtering through your own needs and preferences. A little like movie critics: there is not a single one whose advice you agree 100% of the time. And a movie seat costs less than a camera.
Agreed on the parameters, but again, might be a good way to get the information out there.
My idea is not on ridiculing the thread format or on anyone asking questions, but on "archiving" (loosely put) the information that APUG users richly have and provide in an easy to access format. Again, I agree with the reviews, I have some personal likings someone else the opposite - but its not that hard to capture it really. (Maybe my background in using spreadsheets for inane comparisons- work related- and lists helps me that way..)

The key idea was/is to capture the information in one place.