Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
daswiggles,

If you ever feel guilty about the very good deal you got, just tell yourself that the seller knew the camera was going to someone who will appreciate and use it for many years...
Indeed, but I don't think that I should... the seller mentioned that she looked it up on eBay and online, and I even told her that I plan on having it repaired so I can use it. To be honest I was surprised that she took my offer... I guess the universe wants me to have a Rolleiflex heh.

Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
Nice shots! Looks like it works! They show that Rolleiflex character nicely. Imagine when you really try! :-)
To be honest, I'm amazed at how nice they look given the lens condition. I was so anxious to play around with it that I shot a test roll around my apartment building. I was bracing myself for total disappointment, but I can already tell that I will not be parting with this camera. I think it will be a lot better for travel than my Hasselblad, and it really is a work of mechanical art. The film transport is so smooth that it feels like there is no film in it. My only other experience with a TLR has been a Yashica-Mat 124G I borrowed, for some reason any picture with a light source had a weird glow around it. And the mechanical precision of this 60+ year old Rolleiflex is just in another league. It's like comparing a Mercedes-Benz S-Class to a base-model Honda Civic.