Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
Great, then talk *positively* about those products, moving film use into a positive light, not a negative one. Kodak is not bringing back E6, Plus-X or Techpan, period. So why keep asking for it, that sounds negative. I have been trying for *years* to tell people how bad this looks but you just don't get it!

For example, about three months ago while out shooting with my Blads, I ran into a couple of photo-keen 20-somethings who were really intrigued by my cameras. We got to talking about a lot of things, including Kodak films. At the end of it all I recommended this site as a resource. About a week ago I ran into one of them in town. We got to talking about film, Kodak again and this guy mentioned that while he found a lot of good resources in terms of developing, printing, etc on this site, he was somewhat put off by people always talking about what they don't have and not being positive about what we do have.

We all need film to stay in a positive light, this constant asking for what we don't have and never will again is a sickness and it is a sad one at that...you are totally missing the point if you continue to do this folks, really.....so stop it for once!
I do promote Ilford and Fuji. They are the only ones left offering what a lot of us are asking for. I won't recommend Kodak to anyone for one reason only, they keep dropping product right after they say they won't. Why beat the dead Kodak horse.

Support those who are supporting us, or I should say, most of us. I personally don't ask for anything from Kodak. They could bring back everything I loved and used, and would I go back to Kodak, nope. No use in me asking them for squat and I don't/won't. Since I can't get my favorites any longer, I have found new favorites from Fuji and Ilford. They get my business cause they offer me product that fits my needs.

So should I run out and buy Kodak products or tell everyone what wondrous offerings the big K has to keep them afloat when they offer nothing I can see as better or even more affordable than others.

Years ago I only used Kodak, and a lot of it. Just so you know.