Quote Originally Posted by laroygreen View Post
Sorry to hear about all that harassment by local authorities. Who could have guessed that blix is deadlier than farm fertilizers and Drano (it might well be as bad, but laws and regulations should be consistent if the environmental impact is the same). As for my issues here, my chemist friend suggests that I simply dilute and dispose via a non-septic tank system since my quantities are too small (about 1L in total per month, on average) to justify getting a contract with a waste disposal firm (which she says is a scam in any case)
i wouldn't say they are a scam, they have to deal with the chemicals and are liable for disposing and breaking them down and they give you the paper that says you disposed of
your waste the way you are supposed to dispose of it. besides they give you a 15gallon bucket for you to put the stuff in, at 1L / month it may take you 60months to fill it up
they might charge 120$ so in the end it ends up being 2$/month to pay? it's really not that expensive, even if you are told to dispose of it once a year ...

trickle tanks can also remove the silver from your blix .. as long as the ph is between 5 + 6 you will be OK ...