Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
Lenses made for larger formats tend to be slower to begin with. A technique I have tried is to use a lens intended for medium format shooting or enlarging with extension on a 35mm camera. A 60mm f/4 enlarging lens needs only two stops to make it to f/8. A 55mm f/2.8 macro lens needs three stops to make it to f/8. If I need to use any front standard bellows movement the 60/4 [Bogen Wide Angle] gives me a little extra coverage because it was made for enlarging 60X60 rather than 24X36. I prefer enlarging lenses for this purpose. A lens with a helical mount or maybe even a built in shutter will involve hanging a lot of weight at the front end of the bellows. Another lens I have used this way is a 150/5.6 Rodagon.
Um, which question are you answering? I ask because the OP, a cinematographer, eventually came back and explained that he is looking for a deep focus lens with which to take a bug's eye view shot with a flying camera in which very near subjects and the distant horizon will both be in focus. He posted a link to a video that shows more-or-less what he wants to accomplish.

The ways still photographers get very near and distant in focus simultaneously can't be used with a flying camera. Focus stacking is out too, except perhaps for claymation.

Ask Google to find deep focus lens. Also "deep focus lens" and Frazier. The things exist, there's no magic involved (just a lot of money), and still photographers rarely if ever use them.