Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
and only $200 for the controller alone? I don't think MacGyver has that kind of money.

I wonder if a circulating pump would prevent the problem Lamar reports re: temperature drift?

I was all ready to develop my first C-41, or so I thought, till I realized my aquarium heater wont get me there. I've been trying to MacGyver my titanium ViaAqua aquarium heater but haven't had success. Even after maxing out the trim screw it can't maintain 103, and the adjusting post that the knob attaches to has an internal stop that I'm afraid to mess with. Being only 75 watt I'm not sure its powerful enough anyway. I need an alternative, cheap and fast. My chems are already mixed.

Wayne, go on Amazon and search for an immersion water heater. They are used to heat small pots or cups of water for tea, typically. They have a handle and a curled wire that is immersed. You can get them for less than $20, and they are rated at as much as 1200 watts or even more. Pay attention to the voltage though - some on Amazon are 250v/6 amp devices, you don't want them. And those are more expensive. These latter devices are typically replacement heaters for hot water heater tanks. You can tell these by the lack of a handle, and instead a threaded base. Those are typically 250v devices, but if you find a 110 v device and can fabricate the threaded receiver socket, it would be a more "professional" solution than the little immersion heater.