Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
No, the life and the images I make because of the life I live are by far the driving force of my motivation, not the method. But the method is indeed a deeply seated one, kind of a hunch or gut feeling that one has when they know they are onto something really good.

It took time to break into what puts food on my table now and it will take equally as long to break into fine art to the point to where it is 100% of what puts the same food on the table. I exhibit locally and that is not a short shrift by any means since I have friends and acquaintances who’s net worths are in the upper 1% of the global population….and they love good art. For example, one couple who I have known for over 10 years and has a large estate on a lakeshore hired me last Spring to shoot a series of black and white fine art images of the view of their abode from across the lake. This meant one shot that represented each season, I am waiting on enough snow to finish the last image. So far they love what I am doing which is good, because they have a net worth of 2.7 billion. At some point, when I break in, I might likely be pulled out into other venues on what you would consider an international scale, but for now, I am far better off where I am.

As far as books, I have had 4 titles published in the past 6 years in which my images represent anywhere from 25% to 50% of the total of the book. I am shooting one book right now and have been for the past few years and I am nearly done with the Kodachrome edit. I held off on that for a lot of reasons, one of which was personal. After fighting a cold for a few days, I went out and about and ran errands, got lunch and finished a roll of film in my M3….I feel pretty good today, I think I will fire up the darkroom and print.

My wife wants to see a print of the attached photo of a peninsula of ice on a lake we hiked near, so I will print it....

Either way, thanks for the reminder that I need to be heard from less on this site and more through other means, like exhibiting world wide, perhaps I'll log back in when that is about to happen.
But then how can I harass you when I want to geek out about photos if you're not online?

Maybe one of these days I'll actually be able to publish at least one book! Lol