Quote Originally Posted by wiltw View Post
But, Benji, francis90 wrote the OP with no mention of aperture vs. shutter priority preference, and nuff is the one of wrote about his own preference for aperture priority

Neverthelss, for the benefit of francis90, I want to explain that with meters that have shutter priority, simply take a reading and if it gives you an f/stop that you are not in favor of, simply click the up or down buttons on the shutter speed selection until you see the f/number you like to use. There is no need to retake the reading again after shutter speed reselection.
So while I like to shoot at a certain aperture, it is no difficulty for me to use a meter with shutter priority.
Yes, it was me stating my preference for aperture priority. And it's easy to adjust the values like you have mentioned or even change the iso. But when I'm feeling lazy it's a nice to have feature.

I think it would be less of a bother if 308 had a wheel instead of buttons like 358/758. Since it's much faster to adjust the values with it instead of hitting the up/down buttons repeatedly.

It is a great little meter and I use it a lot when I pack light, but it's just one of my pet peeves with it. Otherwise it would be a perfect meter for incident and reflective metering.