Thanks everyone,

I am really enjoying this forum and spending little time on another 'gadget' forum now, although they were very helpful when I was a newbie to the Pentax system.

Right a couple of things:

I intend to fix these again in an ice cream carton or something. They look bloody sharp and I estimated the flash exposure to a good degree. I was using a Metz AF-1 50 on a Pentax ME Super. I have legacy flashes but wanted to use the Metz for the ceiling bounce and Rembrant lighting effect etc. so it was a decent experiment. Another good thing is that this is my 2nd ME Super which worked perfectly with no light leaks. The first one I bought had leaks and would need a service, I absolutely love the Pentax ME Supers as they are so simple without all the DSLR crap!

I'm thinking of building a collapsible shelf for my enlarger onto a solid exterior wall in my bedroom. This will be easy to black out and it nearly is already as I have black out blinds although I can make it fully light proof which I want for sleeping anyway. I am like the paper itself LOL and hence my nickname!

I can also blackout the bathroom (for paper dunking) with a sheet of plywood or MDF which I can set in and take out. Both rooms need the windows above doors blocked also. The problem is where to plug the safelight in the bathroom. I am definitely not installing electric in there! Maybe I could wire it into the light somehow. Don't worry I can do electrics! There is no shaver socket and I think it is against the regulations here as I have never seen them in any house here.

I managed to 'scan' them with my regular flatbed and invert them. So I made a pseudo contact print. I just did these in the acetate holding files. As you all know dust is an almighty problem and maybe a bedroom is not great for enlarging due to carpet/fabrics etc. The bathroom has less airborne dust and I think if you run water it helps. In a local guitar factory they have a waterfall in the special spray room to help eliminate dust.

Yes I know scanners are banned although I'm only using it to inspect the negatives and as I sent them around the internet to my friends they thought it was so 'artistic' to see the strips of film. They though they were great but I explained that I should be able to make fine art prints from them and then they will understand why I go to the bother of using film!

I read somewhere that flatbeds are not the best. I seen a review of the Plustek dedicated 35mm ones and the resolution it pulled from the negatives was mighty.

Another reason I want this (and should please you folk) is to show how film completely out resolves any digital imaging device and to sicken the pixel peepers! Although then again why should I as they are gadgetographers and not photographers!

I finally won by auction a set of Ilford Multigrade filters and the previous owner trimmed them to 75mm which is exactly the size I need for my filter tray (receive them soon).

I am looking at the Scheider Kreuzach Componon-S 50mm f/2.8 and hopefully I'll buy it. I think it has M39 Leica thread which should fit my enlarger which came with a cloudy Rodenstock Trinar 3 element lens.

Then just a matter getting the room or rooms ready.

I can't wait to do my first print!

The film development was excruciating at first but it is great to be able to do this!

Nosferatu