Wow this brings back memories, at age 12 I had an "online gf" that lived in Torshavn and we chatted daily online, and even sent each other mail from time to time during holidays, their traditional outfits are really elaborate and they love their color, the architecture is interesting, the outside of the houses in these shots are so cool, where she lived I remember the houses being more boxy and very un-elaborate, the interior windows were just square and functional but not intricate, and the outside looked like aluminum siding but again even less elaborate if you can imagine aluminum siding that is even more "boring" than normal hah! But those were the "modern" functional houses that she lived in, probably a poorer area I would guess. Yet their traditional buildings are really beautiful, colorful, and elaborate almost part of and mimicking nature, such an interesting place! This was my 12 year old perception mind you...

I've always wanted to visit, but sadly the price is too steep for my poor pocket, oh what fun this would be! Especially maybe actually meeting her after 20 years! Hah!