Quote Originally Posted by LiamG View Post
Several threads like this recently- if you buy the cast-offs of the photojournalism world, and you aren't a working photojournalist, I imagine there might be features that you won't need. That's the situation, you can go buy something exotic like an EOS-1nRS and use it to take landscapes because it's been discarded.

If it was my job to take a photo of a downhill skier at the Olympics in the 1980's with manual focus, sure I would want 13 FPS; if I was photographing sports for a wire agency in the 90's and I had to get the shot, give me 9 FPS, these weren't gimmicks. I hardly see anyone photographing sports these days without their DSLR stuck on CH advance.
A good photographer can anticipate the best shoot and almost always get it. Spraying photographs all over the place will only waste film and often miss the best shots. I have done enough sports photography over many decades to have learned this long ago.

Just because a photojournalist uses the point and spray method does not mean the photographer is a good one. Even chimpanzees occasionally get great photographs.