Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
Rise/fall (not shift as these are incorrectly named) is my least used movement on my Shen 617. The really important movements for me are front tilt and swing, as well as rear tilt. All three of these movements allow focus control. I can control the plane of focus to either minimise diffraction, or to maximise what I can get in focus. The rear tilt allows me to emphisise foreground elements when using WA lenses. The Fotoman/Linhof/DaYi/Gaoersi designs just don't offer these benefits. They're good for point'n'shoot, or for scenes where you don't need focus plane control, but that was too limiting for me.

Which brings me to an important (to me) issue: I use a 72mm lens on my 617. You won't be able to use this on a 4x5 roll film back. You'll possibly struggle with a 90mm. Thus, again, they're way too limiting for me. I can use any of my lenses between 72mm and 400mm (Fujinon 400t) with ease.
So do you mean if i use 72/90mm then it is better i go with fotoman for example or dedicated 6x17 body than using LF on 4x5 or larger format for those wide lenses?