Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
Katie,

Please see my post number 81. It is a very beautiful print you sent to me! Actually, I have a question about your toning technique. It us very unusual to bleach the print without subsequent toning. I like the look very much and would love to use it myself with an appropriate subject. I am however a bit concerned about the print longevity. From your experience, are the prints treated in such a way reasonably stable? Do I need to put some extra precaution when storing/displaying your print?

Eugene.

EDIT: Oh, I just realized that you are referring to the print you are supposed to receive. Pardon my slowness...
Sorry I didn't answer before, Eugene! I wouldn't think that any other precautions should be taken with it - it was washed and dried and flattened; then bleached (lightly - just so much as to what you see it now - not completely) and then blue-toned and washed again and dried. I intentionally print dark and high contrast, so that when I slowly bleach back, the image becomes warm; then I split tone it with the blue toner. I stumbled on this method playing in the darkroom with some really dark prints...