Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
I already answered that. It kinda goes along with owning a business. Just a modern business card. I haven't updated the damn thing since I first put it up. No need. When I finally get to modernizing it, I'll probably strip all the images of except a few token ones. Way back I had a very well connected pro ask to be my rep, so I made a big set of high-quality copy slides like were standard in those days (and far better for actual visual presentation than the damn web, if a lot more clumsy). Then I transitioned at the request of a few repeat customers already familiar with the quality of my work. But they always wanted to see prints in person anyway... and only about 5% of my images come across even vaguely on the web. None of the subtle color or extreme detail is conveyed. So it's a very low priority thing for me now. I've had hits and comments from almost every country in the world, but so what. As far as I'm concerned, the web is just the new norm of visual mediocrity, and it's damn sad that it's all that much of the younger generation knows.
Drew, I want to say this as politely as possible, and not come off like a total jerk, but in my opinion I would suggest you taking down the website entirely and just posting something about you as photographer and that the website will be updated in the future, or to contact you directly for prints.

The site design you have is just awful and images are terrible representation of what you could produce I suppose based on what you've talked about. I saw the images on your site and I can't see a single one that is at all appealing to me, they all look like they were taken with a Lomo camera.

This is not to be harsh, I recognize that all the images are very old, when scanning and posting imagery on the Internet was not at all what it is today, I'm just saying that it might actually detract people from purchasing from you because the images aren't up to date.

Just thought I would give you some constructive criticism, I know my site isn't much better hah! But I also use other outlets that allow me to attract many more people such as Instagram and Tumblr which are modern sites with millions (probably billions) of users to view my content. I just haven't hit the last step which is being able to sell the work...