Use Pigma Graphic pens. They come in a wide variety of thickness and colors. They are a standard archival pigment ink pen that photographers use to sign prints. They can take a longer time to dry than Sharpies and you should test one out first to make sure it will stay dry. I've had good luck with them as long as I allow for extra drying time.