Ok, let me offer another point. Something I have experienced in other projects and one I am 'tossing' around (in my head/vision) right now. Each project (Noir/Sci-fi) had a TOTALLY different look and feel. The microscopic project even more so (I haven't posted those here). The vision I have for these projects require tools that I have not yet mastered, nor have I worked with much before maybe a week or two. But, I have the VISION to get me there. Now,... with your point of view would I still use that ONE film/paper combo that I have been using for years and fore-go the way I have visualized this project to look? Sacrificing something new and the challenge going along with it? The sense of adventure and process that I enjoy so much? Because I am venturing outside of my comfort zone?

I realize these ideas are personal to each individuals different skill set and ideas. What I am thinking is that point A and point B paths, will lead to the same intersection in the end. At least that is what we can hope for. And I think you said it before, "if we like what we are getting,"....