Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
Since you've now used both Cooltone FB and Warmtone FB, would you please tell us how the smoothness and gloss of their surfaces compare? Thanks in advance.
Hi Sal - I have not used the Ilford WT, just the Foma so I can't compare there. What I can say is that I use Galerie quit often and the CT is much glossier and in all actuality would prefer this in matte, but it won't stop me from using it. It's not glossy compared to an RC paper, though. The substrate of the CT is very nice but again the Galerie surface is exquisite. Galerie is pricey and I can't run through it the way I used to, but that's the only Ilford paper I've used that I can compare it too. I'm not complaining don't get me wrong, this is a very beautiful paper and I am stuck now because I am in the middle of a printing session and am almost out. If you're like me and not used to printing this cold is does take trial time. But again, I am loving the results and as soon as Freestyle opens again I will order a bunch more. Good luck with your results.