Quote Originally Posted by VaryaV View Post
...What I can say is that I use Galerie quit often and the CT is much glossier and in all actuality would prefer this in matte, but it won't stop me from using it. It's not glossy compared to an RC paper, though. The substrate of the CT is very nice but again the Galerie surface is exquisite...
Thanks again Varya. That's the perfect frame of reference, since Galerie is my primary paper and I agree 100% with your assessment of how exquisite its surface is. On a slight tangent, if you'd like the most perfectly neutral print achievable, develop Galerie for 3 minutes in Moersch SE6 1+15 at 68 degrees (or equivalent time at a different temperature), then tone it in KRST 1+20 for 4 minutes at 75 degrees F.

Quote Originally Posted by VaryaV View Post
...I was mulling over (while printing my last sheet) that the closest I can compare it to would be the Slavich Unibrom 160 without the finish...
Thanks for that extra effort. Unfortunately, I have no experience with the Slavich paper, but your first comparison with Galerie was exactly what was needed. I'm not sure I'll even try the Cooltone FB since its surface is so shiny. I might give Classic FB a go in Moersch SE6, since it's reported to have the same surface gloss as MGIV FB. However, Rudman says it's warmer than MGIV FB, so even SE6 + selenium might not neutralize it sufficiently without going purple. We shall see.