Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
... but I don't wish others to go down this path that I've journeyed for 5+ years too long. I wish I had been to this point of mental clarity 4yrs ago. Alas, it must have been for a reason, and now I'm moving onto a new stepping stone in life. ...
Growing up is fun and exciting, eh? Congratulations. But have no regrets about your "past" life. Always remember how fun it was... even if you change your approach. But also remember that you are who you are, so be patient with yourself as you go through life's transitions. Not bragging... but I'm the man you say you wish you were. if I were to have one regret in life (which I don't, but if I did) it would be not having enough fun when I was 18 - 25. I was and still am a bit of a bore; all I cared about was school and work and fun came after that. I actually had plenty of fun but all of my friends always had a lot more fun than did I. I still have and use the first camera I own (in each format) and I have very few that are "collectable". I would be still driving the first car I owned (a real pice of sh!t that kept me turning wrenches and having grease perpetually under the fingernails) if it didn't die from old age. All of my buddies drove "cool" cars while mine just got me where I needed to go (most of the time). Oh, well, the motorcylcle was fun but I'm glad that phase is over. I must be part cat because I should have died a couple of time from that. Fortunately I am still on my first wife... which is a major compnent of happiness in my life. Enjoy your next 5 or 10 years in your new configuration and then try marriage and kids! Happy New Year Dan.