Thanks guys. Two of the shots I want to get big prints from are B&W (XP2 at 200 ISO). I think you're all spot on about the draw of larger formats, I am not really a fan of grain but utterly love the fantastic tonality of film which only seems to get better the bigger the format.

I was close actually to buying a Mamiya 6 or 7 instead of the M6 I got, I was a little worried having never shot roll film and having no familiarity with those cameras. Of course having used an M8 for about 9 months and having some lenses made the transition a bit easier.

Someone asked about darkroom experience, I only did B&W. From what I can recall the newspaper was all Ilford B&W on site, colour only seemed to be done on transparency film but I can't for the life of me recall where they had it done. I was only there for a couple of weeks so it was a very limited but hugely memorable experience. If we had the space I would love to set up my own darkroom. Funny thing is I never remembered the prints looking as grainy as a lot of the stuff I see on the net unless the film was pushed.

Never left the lens cap on but did once forget to check if the film leader had engaged and wasted a roll, I think everyone has done that one once.