I'm looking for a polarizing filter to use with my Rollei 3.5E type2 but I'd like to get one that is compatible with the Rollei bay II lens hood. I've learned that I can either get a bay II Heliopan (since the Rolleipols often have problems with foil separation) or an adapter and a 39mm filter (Heliopan or B+W have my preference).

Does anyone use a polarizer in combination with a lens hood and if so, which brand/model filter do you use? Or if you own either the Heliopan bay II or 39mm filter, could you measure the outer diameter for me? (I have already emailed Heliopan but have not received an answer yet). Also, does anyone know if there is a real difference in image quality between the normal and PMC coated Heliopan filters?

Thanks in advance!