I would be more inclined to buy the Durst as a project (for cheap price) and then when and if you get it working make a decision about which enlarger to keep. You will like the Durst when it is up and running, however you will hate it when you want to print and you no longer have a working enlarger. The shop owner would rather have some cash than what amounts to a pile of junk at this point. Given the condition I wouldn't think more than $100 to $150 would be what I might pay for it. If you can't get it working, what could you part it out for?