Some interesting facts if you guys are interested:
1. World's highest Polo ground at Shandur, Northern Pakistan
2. World's Largest Deep Sea Port : Gwader
3. Karakoram Highway : Eighth Wonder of the World
4. Khewra Mines : Second Largest Salt Mine in the World
5. Haleji Lake : Asia's largest Bird Sanctuary, over a million birds migrate from Russia and Europe in winters they fly across the
Indus River all the way down to the coast line in the south, it is know as the Indus flyway.
6. The land of oldest Civilization : Indus Valley and Mohenjo-Daro - 5000 years old.
7. Pakistan : The Roof Top of the World. 4 out of 14 tallest peaks are in Pakistan, k2 the second highest among them
Check out this Facebook page, it has a lot of pictures of the northern areas of Pakistan, sorry digital and mostly PS (my opinion, I might be wrong so no disrespect to the photographer) but you will get an idea.
Amazing country, but we are not doing justice. There is a lot to photograph, and in my opinion it has not been photographed the way it should have been. I hope one day I will be able to do justice. There are so many cultures, areas that it would be wonderful to explore with a b&w medium.
I want to first completely learn, have a proper view camera, and then hit the road. Since it will be a single trip, I have to be fully equipped and ready.
Hope I did not bore you guys, my intention is not to boast but to make you guys interested in coming down and taking this journey with me some day...maybe when it is safer
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk