Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post
Stone, can you improvise one or does it absolutely need to fit in a springlock back? Not 20 minutes ago I finished cutting the pieces to make two 8-1/2 x 11 holders and a ground glass holder. I used a 2'x4' sheet of 1/8" MDF which cost $3 at my local hardware store. These will be 1-sided single channel holders. In the channel will go: paper or film, followed by a window mat, followed by a darkslide. I'm going to try to seal the opening with felt or velcro material. Maybe you could make something out of matboard or foamcore? Or improvise a 1-shot setup and load it in the dark? Not sure if this is any help since I don't know what you're up to and it's probably a secret or at least a surprise....
If I can't get a standard holder for spring lock backs, basically I'll tape a single sheet to a board or piece of cardboard and install it in the dark into the box camera... And do one shot... BUT it would be way more useful if I could take 2 shots, and re-load if necessary...

Seeing as I don't have a darkroom, my only option is to wait till night time and load it in the attic, it's too big to fit in any dark tent so I can only take one shot a day...

If I have a holder, I'll be able to change the film in the tent and shoot as many as I want per day.

Make sense?