I have his books , they are great .

I am interested in gravure printing with heavy pigment loaded inks. I am separating my colour images into the CMYK negatives and printing them through an etching press.
On the same line of thought I am also making pt pd prints with tri colour separation negs being used in register via the gum process to add colour.

To date I have found out that I can make full colour prints by hand using the darkroom to make these prints ( therefore the relevance to analog photography)

What I am trying to establish is a working colour process *** done that*** that has a archival aspect that is greater than RA4 , Cibachrome and inkjet. (currently doing two of these and ditched the Ciba 7 years ago)
I am prepared to make tri colour colour carbon process as well , and at this stage of my life I have thousands of colour solarizations that need printing.

My quest right now is to establish to myself which process suits my needs. I can do all of the three hand processes , they all involve making film(analog wet process}, one involves making a plate and using a etching press, the other two involve a wet darkroom and film.(analog) I like all three methods, the ink is the easiest, the gum over is second easiest and the carbon is the hardest.

If you have any thoughts on which process would likely have the most archival properties I am all ears. My life is completely absorbed in making colour and black white solarizations
and I have a timeline to print, right now every month I am exposing film and currently a lot of c41 is being solarized...
I hope to be printing out my editions and before I start that I want to examine every possible colour process that I can do and has a chance of lasting beyond 100years.

QUOTE=Hexavalent;1608216]If you can find one of Luis Nadeau's books on the history of printing, it's a treasure trove of information, and has references for further research.

Just to be a spoil-sport, I have to ask what this has to do with analog photography - it's more about mechanical reprographics than film.[/QUOTE]