Quote Originally Posted by peteyj10 View Post
Hey everyone. I've been lurking here for a few days but decided to finally start posting. I shoot 35mm and 4x5 (in addition to digital...but that doesn't count). Looking to get into medium format since that's the one I'm missing.

I'm also looking at getting more into color (most of my experiences is in B&W) and I'm really hoping to try my hand at processing C41 from home. The one time I've worked with color I did some RA4 printing with room temperature chemicals and got great results, but have always been too afraid to do C41 from home since I don't have a way to precisely control chemical temperatures. Now that I'm reading that you can usually keep everything constant for long enough by doing everything in a bathtub, I might finally give it a try.

Anyways, I'm glad there's a community like this online, and I look forward to learning all that I can here.
Plastic basin and electric kettle of hot water are ok for tempering C41, if you don't hold the temp exactly to the specification you will have to white balance each film, I used to carry a grey card, to make white balance easier.

I temper the BLIX and wash as well...

Noel