Hi Everyone,

I recently graduated from college and have been feeling the sting of not having an all hours darkroom something fierce. I'm trying to assemble a bare bones darkroom for myself for print-by-print installation in my thumbnail of a bathroom. I am on a shoestring budget, and I know I'm not going to be developing anything larger than 35mm b&w into 8x10 prints anytime in the next few years. As you might guess, size and weight is a bit of a concern.

I've been trawling Craigslist, and finally found an common brand enlarger. I didn't want to get anything replacement parts might be difficult for. It's an Omega B66. The owner inherited it and doesn't know what I mean when I ask about negative carriers and dichroid heads and light leaks. He says he thinks it's never been used, and when he got it, it was still in the original box. He described it as looking like it's literally never been touched. Point being it sounds like I might have a mint condition enlarger on my hands but I'm not sure. He's asking $75 for it, and I was wondering if you all had any thoughts on what sort of flaws should be deal breakers, and what I should be looking for. Does an out of box Omega B66 even come with a lens carrier? A timer? Is $75 a reasonable price to pay? I kind of know what enlargers in good condition should look like, but not in any detail. I've mostly taken their presence and functionality for granted. Shame on me, I know.

Guidance on this matter would be most appreciated.