Quote Originally Posted by WayneStevenson View Post
If you read Ilford's fact sheet on contrast control, you'll find that Ilford's paper will max out around 4.5 grade with 150M on Omega dicroic heads. As will any other of the Kodak filtration types......
Right. I was going to post this, but I'll add that Ilford specifies grade 5 at 199M. Don't know why it's not "200", but that's another issue. There is a lot of thought that a true grade 5 cannot be done with some dicro heads. YMMV

Even so, you should be able to get a grade 4, if not 4.5. I've never tested my Beseler heads, nor my old Chromega D, since I never print with more than about 50M or I would switch to a condenser enlarger.

As an aside: I recently purchased the proper blue and green filters, and I plan on doing a little experimenting on the split-grade technique to see if there are any differences between using blue/green and magenta/yellow (using the Ilford 00 and 5). There just might be some differences, but whether they will make any practical difference is another question. FWIW, I only split grade on "difficult" negatives.

But, I digress ...