Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
Sorry to disagree, but it was APUG directly that got me back into film. For reasons I cannot recall now, I landed here and started lurking, 100% as a digital shooter. I lurked for probably close to a year before I finally decided that yes, I would return to film. I cannot see how that would have happened without reading and lurking here.
Flickr and my old photos got me into film exactly a year ago. Actually even before flickr I got interested in Jose Villa's work. Yes, the results got me interested and the look. Not some magical qualities.

I had a look at the galleries here, but they don't inspire me. There might be some good photos here, but it was to hard to find them. I prefer to look at work of some classic photographers and digging through Flickr. 99% of it film. I like photos with good content, light, composition etc...

But for me the results are all that matters. If I don't get what I want, I wouldn't be wasting my time on it.

I converted 1 of my friends to film after he saw my latest photos and another friend of mine took interest and is considering it too...