Quote Originally Posted by blockend View Post
I shoot Fuji Pro 400H in old folding cameras with a limited range of shutter speeds and aperture settings, and those are not always reliable. It has proved to have considerable latitude to under/over exposure. My use of Portra 400 is less, but that too has shown minimal colour shifts under similar conditions. Talk of 5 to 7 stops latitude may be overstating things, but both are as good as medium-fast film ever achieved in that respect. Personally, I shoot them at box speed as a starting point.

This might help:
http://www.twinlenslife.com/2010/12/...light-new.html
Yep, I agree that both have loads of latitude for overexposure, although Portra tends to go a bit yellower if overexposed more than a stop, so I will usually opt for 400H if I know there'll be lots of light. If I know that light will be at a premium, then I prefer to use Portra 400, which seems to handle box speed and underexposure better.

Quote Originally Posted by blockend View Post
I shoot them at box speed as a starting point.
I think I alluded to this earlier, but my lab says nothing when I shoot Portra 400 at or around box speed (+1/3 of a stop), but will comment that frames from rolls of 400H shot at box speed could have benefitted from a bit more exposure. Consequently, I do think that 400H really needs to be overexposed at least a stop to match the shadow detail obtainable with Portra 400 at box speed. I think that the article you've linked to suggests such as well.