Quote Originally Posted by Nuff View Post
I might consider joining, even if I don't own a single canon or nikon. I'm always looking for places to spam with my photos.

And yes, the best way to convert people to using film is to show them what film can do out in the open. Not some place under the rock and then scream at them when the word scan... is mentioned.

I picked up film 1 year ago by looking at enough very pleasant looking film photos. Not to mention revisiting my old photos. After 9 years of shooting of digital. If you show compelling photos, enough people will come and more people might use film. It might not save paper etc, but at least it might prevent more lines of film from being consolidated.
You don't need a Nikon or Canon to join Fred Miranda. The Alternative Gear forum is for EVERYONE *BUT* CaNikon folks. Film shooters are most welcome there.

Just post film photos in the film thread. Keep film visible where folks can't help but see it!

While at Fred Miranda, go to the Nikon forum and see the Manual Focus Nikon Glass thread. Have a look here: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/7

The manual focus lens thread is 3,666 pages long!! And it's only a few years old!

This thread is so active, that it is almost ALWAYS in the top 5 spots in the forum, EVERY day. That's a lot of posts. As a result, everyone knows about the manual focus Nikon fans. They are always up top. My vision is to have the film shooters do the same in the Alternative Gear forum. We *are* alternative in today's world and PROUD of it. We need to get the word out. Posting in APUG is preaching to the choir.