Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
I guess I scratch my head at the notion of you not using film without seeing work on places like Flickr. Even though I see nice work there, I still find I am most inspired by all the great published work and work in galleries the most which still far eclipses most of what is shown on the mainstream internet.

If I am feeling uninspired which is maybe once every five years, all I need to do is pickup Salgado's Workers or Migrations, Michael Kenna's 20 year retrospective or Geir Jordahl's mesmerizing book Searching for True North.
I know what you mean by feeling inspired. A lot of the works here in the apug galleries don't inspire me, but some do. Same with flickr. Same with 1x.com etc...

I usually follow the big photographers and really enjoy their work. In galleries it's the same, some of the work is hit and other is a miss. I actually use another website to catalogue all of the photographs that I find inspiring, it's my 2nd biggest time waster outside of taking photos. Be it Salgado's, Nick Brandt, Daido Moriyama, Bill Brandt, Irving Penn, Philippe Halsman, etc... I could throw names all day.

I believe that my photos are really bad. But that's what keeps me moving forward. Still, even tough I don't find my own work inspiring, I think I still have few nice photos that I quite enjoy. I think others might find some enjoyment or even inspiration in them too...