Hmm... Just be careful you guys don't end up standing alone together in the echo chamber. Everyone knows where that leads.

Just because some may choose different approaches than you might like doesn't mean that you are the only ones keeping film in the public eye. Unless, of course, you believe that your way is the only way.

It's a much bigger world out there than one might be inclined to believe you guys think, based on a reading of this thread.

For example, most here are not professional photographers. Many are highly intelligent and accomplished individuals who are professionals working in far more challenging fields. For them photography is a big step down the difficulty scale into a more relaxed avocation. One that provides a welcome respite from their high-pressure high-degree-of-difficulty day jobs.

Best not to taunt these people for not also practicing photography professionally on their weekends. Or accuse them of doing nothing to promote the use of film to the public by not posting to your favorite outside forum threads. One can't presume to know what they do to this end on their own time, rather than posting replies here.

I'm not a professional photographer. And I don't intend to post in that recommended thread. But I've organized and taught groups of junior high school kids how to make pinhole cameras from paint cans. And how to develop and contact print their paper negatives in a real (temporary faculty bathroom) darkroom at their school. And had at least one young lady choose later in high school to continue taking film-based photography classes because of it.

Here's a surviving link to two such sessions back in 2005. There are student photographs (round from the bottom of the paint cans), a tech section for parents to read, and some exposure charts. I even built a custom paint can tripod mount for them to use. The kids had a blast making the cameras and the photos. Kirsten is the young lady who continued on in high school.

I think this kind of activity qualifies under the definition of keeping film in the public eye. And like the majority here on APUG, my day job has nothing to do with photography.

Just some food for thought. And perhaps a bit of perspective.

Ken