Mine came with a Graflex back, not a spring back. I did install a Graflok back on it so I could at least use my regular 4x5 film holders and a roll film adapter. it's only a couple of screws to replace the original back should I ever want to. I did have to adjust the focus to match the slight shift in film plane distance between the backs.

My Combat Graphic was also missing the wooden bevel on the front right side that protects the focus wheel and the shutter tensioning lever. I have made a replacement, but I still need to paint it.

I've been told I can remove the black paint with alcohol but I haven't had much luck with that. I have looked into having a new data plate made for it too.

I have shot a few images with the Combat Graphic, but the 127mm f/4.7 Anastigmat Special doesn't quite cut it compared to my Ektar-equiped Anni Speed Graphic.
Biggest problem, of course, I re-enact a European Theater Signal Photo Company Photographer...so I'd be commiting a historic faux pas if I ever use this camera

Taken at Fort IJmuiden, Rollei Superpan 200

same location, Kodak Tri-X