Quote Originally Posted by Llamarama View Post
I almost always do my serious stuff in black and white, usually Pan F Plus, and a bit of colour stuff using the odd roll of slide film and Kodak Gold. I was just a bit curious as I have a couple of rolls of ultra cheap (1, ~$0.60) film to play with and wasn't satisfied with how it came out of C-41 (Very pale colours, but quite nice for beach scenes oddly).
I am a bit surprised that you got very pale colors. Film which is that cheap is usually consumer film which tends to be more saturated. Is there a chance that this film is way past its expiration date or that there was some processing error?

Quote Originally Posted by Llamarama View Post
I might try it if I can get the chemicals cheap, but that's doubtful, just a thought though
While Moersch may be more expensive that Silverprint, they do have more or less complete stock of all compounds which you need for mixing color developers, bleaches and fixers. Shipping costs within EU are quite reasonable assuming you order more than just a small quantity of a single compound. The main question is if you want to order all these chemicals for just a single experiment with quite uncertain outcome ...