Quote Originally Posted by kb3lms View Post
...I'd like to be able to buy Ektar and T-Max for the foreseeable future. Where and how it is coated I do not really care...
If by Ektar and TMAX you mean the films sold under those names today, you should care. Coated elsewhere, even if an attempt is made to duplicate their characteristics, the resulting films will not be the same. To what extent they would differ is unknown and might determine whether you'd still want to buy them.

...Whitmore drove the company back to a film concentration in 1993...those of us who worked there knew it was short-sighted as hell...
In my opinion the only thing short-sighted about that was not simultaneously continuing intensive R&D on digital, patenting everything related, then locking those rights to produce unused in a vault while simultaneously continuing to enjoy the high margins returned by film and paper for many, many more decades.

...Stop with all the doom and gloom already...
Reality sucks, but it's real.

...My hope is...
My favorite bumper sticker: "I feel much better since I gave up hope." From among all those seen on other cars while commuting to and from work in another industry that's gone the same route as Kodak film.