Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
I've just sent this email to the photographer:

----------

Dear Sally Gall,
I recently bought your book The Water's Edge in a 2nd hand book store in The Netherlands, Europe. I was quite impressed with your images, especially "Canou, 1993" and "Tampaksiring, 1988". So I bought the book as an inspiration for my own landscape photography. I recently bought me a Hasselblad SWC camera (from 1963) with a 38 mm lens to try to make a nice series of B&W landscapes from Denmark this Sumer during my holiday. I'm an amateur photographer with an interest in B&W analogue photography, still using old cameras and film.

I posted a thread about your book on the analogue photography forum, see:
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum56/1...-recently.html
I added the book cover and 3 images from the book to illustrate why I bought the book and to share what inspired me. I also mentioned the title of the book, your name as the photographer and the link to your website.
This post is only meant as an editorial review of your book and has no commercial intend or value. The forum is a gathering of analogie photographers and not an commercial site as well.

Today a fellow member of the forum asked me: "Do you have permission to reproduce these images, aren't these photographs the copyright of the photographer and her publisher ?"

I was under the assumption that I didn't need specific permission for this personal book review on this forum, but wanted to check with you all the same.
Do you mind if I show the book cover and these three images from your book to illustrate my article/review of your book? If so, please let me know and I will remove the images images.

And if I may post an other question, do you remember what camera you used for these images, and the film and developer type? As i wrote in the article: "I was struck by the atmosphere in the images - maybe the combination between contrast and softness of the prints?"
Like shown in your images "Canou" and "Tampaksiring". It somehow reminded me of the Pictorialism style from around 1900. A style I like very much. I would love to make a carbon print or a albumen print of one of these images of yours once. I'm mastering these old alternative printing processes from over 100 years ago.

In admiration of your work,
Sincerely,
Bert Kuijer from Holland
http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
You don't need to do this, as you don't need permission.