I had the EK100 instant camera and liked it better than Polaroid SX instant picture film. The SX had to have a mirror in the light path because the picture appeared on the front. It would have been laterally reversed without the mirror. Kodaks film image appeared on the back of the film and so was correct, right to left. For reasons of a compact profile the EK100 had 2 mirrors in the light path. But the design of the film would have allowed for a stright press camera type setup. It would have been neat to have a folder with a 101mm f4.5 Anastar lens and a Kodakmatic shutter mounted in front of this film. Expensive but neat.

I have a special soft spot for that camera because at the time, 1985, my first wife was fighting cancer and the very last picture I have of her, sitting in a easy chair with a big smile on her face, was taken with that camera. She died 5 days later. Soon after I sent the print out to make regular film copies for the family and as insurnance in case the original faded. The technology was fairly new and I wasn't sure of it's keeping qualities. In the 29 years since the camera is now long gone, probably went to a charity store when I could no longer buy film.

The closest I get to instant film now is exposing photographic paper as a negative in 4X5 holders. I can nick out, expose a couple of 4x5 DDS's, run back to the apartment, close the bathroom door, turn on the safelight, pour the chems, and hold a wet paper negative in my hand inside of 10 min. Hang the negs to dry, it's RC paper, and then contact print in a couple of hours or stash the negs for later. Not 'instant' but cheap and still fairly quick. (Yes, I've seen the 'New 55' Kickstarter project but that is way too rich for my pocketbook)

PS; Yeah, I also know you can contact print wet paper negs but I'm just not in that much of a hurry.