Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
Hi John,

I think Arigram is not the only one to benefit from your tips. Especially the links to small part and mcmaster are nice. Indeed, very nice shops, but, pray, my dear fellow, why don't they sell cog wheels? And if they do sell 'em, under what name can they be found? I know no other word than the cog wheel one.... or is that immensely out of fashion these days?

Cheers, medform-norm (in a very 19th century-ish mood from reading too much Henry James - I do apologize...)

Small Parts has brass rack and pinion gears in stock if that is what you are looking for. That would be the correct term for the type of gears that are used in the focusing rails of most field cameras.