Quote Originally Posted by Alexz
Thank you guys, your help is appreciated.
Now I understood 100 on the counter means 1000 shutter actuation have been made, which is about fifth of the number that requires factory overhaul.
Paul, I'm thrilled your experience with GW690 aside of your Bronica GS-1 setup. When and why did you find GW690 would be more useful/efficcient then GS-1 ?
How GW690 optics fairs against comparable in GS-1 (100mm/3.5 PG lens) for your opinion ?

I'm just trying to figure how I can benefit from owing GW690III aside of GS-1 (except of obvious 6x7 vs 6x9 film area differences)...
I can confirm the counter operation, the one on my GW690III is inscribed "Total of shots x10", which of course should be " ... divided by 10", as you say counter reading 100 = 1000 shutter actuations. I regard the provision of a counter as an eccentricity, maybe Fuji thought it would generate business for their service department, I would think most people would let their Fuji run on for much longer before servicing unless they were working in very harsh conditions.
The vast advantage of a Fuji RF is its low weight and thus portability, and also seal against moisture. The camera is far from waterproof, but I would worry about taking my Fuji out in damp conditions, even light rain for a very brief period, far less than with an SLR.
Points to watch:
Fuji RF cameras will not fire with no film loaded and the back closed. If you want to test with no film, open the back! Film advance lever is double-stroke type, camera won't fire after just one advance stroke.
Despite having used many many 120 cameras, it took me a couple of rolls to learn to tension the backing paper on the take-up spool by pressing it lightly with my finger while winding the film to the start mark, otherwise there is the risk of a "fat" roll.
Shutter has "T" setting, no "B". Only way to close shutter on "T" is to wind film (ideally placing black card in front of lens beforehand).
Camera makes a relatively loud "Thwang!" noise when fired. This is the double-exposure prevention device, so it operates after the picture is taken and does not cause vibration, but is noisy!
Camera has two shutter releases. The one on the front panel which needs to be pushed backwards is theoretically better as a means of avoiding camera shake, the top button tends to get a little stiff after a while and benefits from a very small drop of oil (the button is a long way from the actual shutter).
I use my Fuji whenever I feel lazy, knowing that in terms of image quality I'm not going to miss all that much compared with 4x5"!

Regards,

David