Alan, nothing wrong with your plan. Be aware that the weak link will most likely be the printing paper anyway. All of this talk about lpmm, sharpness, acuity, the ultimate film and developer combination is just words and so much B.S. at this point.

What do you want to accomplish? What do you need this combination for and what will you take pictures of which require this combination? How big will the enlargement ratio end up being, 1:4 or 1:40? Should a larger format be used to accomplish this effect with a coarser film rather than a finer film? Will you use rodinal for edge effects or pyrocat and minimal agitation?

Sorry I can't give you a history lesson, but I just take pictures. Personally, I like Efke 25 very much. It is sharp and has a very contrasty look to it. I've used it for portraits which have been cropped out of 35mm and enlarged to 8x10 without visible grain. This was with PMK pyro. It is inexpensive, orthopanchromatic, unforgiving as Velvia and wonderful in the right lighting. Get it wrong and it will slap you with your mistakes. Pick a film, work with it for a year and see what you think. Wish I had better advice, but I hope you will give it a try. tim

Efke 25 at asa 12 (and a tripod, usually)
Presoak film 2 minutes for best and most even development
PMK pyro developer 1:2:100 mixed with distilled water!
Agitate for 30 seconds to 1 minute (depends on contrast, 35mm), then
Try for 7:00 at 70f with 15 second agitation cycles and see what you get